Pelican-red is a [pelican](http://getpelican.com) theme designed to be readable on every device. It is a responsive layout which utilizes the [Foundation 4](http://foundation.zurb.com/) framework. The theme was originally created for the blog [VoltaicIdeas](http://blog.voltaicideas.net) and has a few additional features in addition to the original design to make it more useful. Pelican-red is Licensed under the MIT-License.
The following is a list of features:
* Responsive design view-able on mobile down to about 230px wide
* Responsive design view-able on mobile down to about 300px wide
* Top-bar w/drop-down navigation & social links
* Social links with Icons from [Entypo](http://www.entypo.com) by Daniel Bruce or [Zocial](http://zocial.smcllns.com/) by Sam Collins; currently supported ( icon font pack in parenthesis ):
* Blogger ( Zocial )
@@ -38,16 +36,17 @@ The following is a list of features:
* zeptos.js used instead of jQuery when possible
* Analytics via Google Analytics ( new version ) or GoSquared
* Disqus comments support **(TODO FINISH)**
* PDF link support
* Disqus comments support
* pygments code highlighting with responsive layout
* Site Icons for Creative Commons Licenses, VCards, Tags, PDF download, Search, and Translation selection using [Entypo](http://www.entypo.com) by Daniel Bruce
* Google Custom Search Support
* Google Custom Search Support (works with overlay)
* Open Sans used for style font
* Source Code Pro used for code blocks
* Vcards (hcards) and micro-formatting for articles, pages, and authors
* Supports the following pelican-plugins (plus others):
@@ -91,16 +90,23 @@ Variables are listed as `variable` : description
* `SITE_DESCR`: Description of site used for meta if you want
* `SITE_KEY`: Keywords for meta ex. `"keyword1, keyword2, keyword3"`
* `FAVICON`: Path to favicon ex. `images/favicon`
* `PAGE_DESC` : a dictionary of page descriptions used to generate unique description meta on articles.html, authors.html, index.html, tags.html, and categories.html pages; keyed on lowercase page name.
* using `cc`, `cc-nc`, etc will generate iconified copyright links
* `DEFAULT_COPYRIGHT` : Default copyright to use is an abbreviation key from the `COPYRIGHTS` dictionary
* `COPYRIGHT_ARTICLE` : Show default copyright on articles (over-ridable with article value)
* `COPYRIGHT_PAGE` : Show default copyright on pages (over-ridable with page value)
* `COPYRIGHT_HOLDER` : set the holder of the copyright, defaults to `AUTHOR`
* `COPYRIGHT_YEAR` : set the copyright year, no default value
* `MENUITEMS`: Custom Links to place in the menu e. `(('Item', 'Link'))`
* `DISPLAY_PAGES_ON_MENU`: Show pages on the menu; has three options `False` - do not display, `Compact` - display as dropdown with 'Pages' Heading, and `Expanded` - display each as a seperate top level item.
* `DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_ON_MENU` : Show the categories on the menu; has same options `False` - do not display, `Compact` - display as dropdown with 'Categories' Heading, and `Expanded` - display each as a seperate top level item.
* `DISPLAY_ARCHIVE_ON_MENU` : True / False Show a link to the archive on the navigation menu
* `INCLUDE_TAGS_LINK` : True / False Include link to tags page on sidebar.
@@ -142,7 +148,7 @@ Variables are listed as `variable` : description
* `COMMENTS_PAGE`: Include Comments on pages set True/False
* `COMMENTS_ARTICLE`: Include Comments on articles set True/False
### Authors ( vcards )
### Authors ( vcards / hcards ) w/ microformats
* `AUTHORS` : a dictionary of authors
* `vcard` : a tuple of tuples of author vcard values support includes (not limited though ):
* `fn` : Full Name
@@ -171,21 +177,28 @@ In addition to the additional configuration variables the theme supports the fol
A live preview of the theme can be seen on the blog [VoltaicIdeas](http://blog.voltaicideas.net) as well as the gh-pages for pelican-red at [http://pelican-red.voltaicideas.net/](http:///pelican-red.voltaicideas.net).
A live preview of the theme can be seen on the blog [VoltaicIdeas](http://blog.voltaicideas.net).
Previews of the site main page are shown below as desktop and mobile (bonus print preview of article).
### Desktop Previews
Previews of the site main page are shown below as desktop and mobile.
### Mobile Previews
### Desktop Preview
INSERT SITE PREVIEW(s)
### Mobile Preview
INSERT MOBILE PREVIEW(s)
### Print Preview (print layout to be improved & disqus hidden)
* Allow for multilevel MENUITEMS
* Translations support (pages and articles)
* Migrate some template hacks into pelican plugins