Pelican-red is a [pelican](http://getpelican.com) theme originally created for my blog [rangerTBC](http://rangertbc.net). I have added some additional features to what I required and am releasing it for anyone to use. The theme is responsive using the [Foundation 4](http://foundation.zurb.com/) framework as a base.
Features ( EDIT THIS )
The following is a list of features:
* Responsive design viewable on mobile down to 380px wide without issue (article date issue atm)
* Fixed top-bar w/drop-down navigation & social links
- Social links supported
- Hidden drop-down navigation
- accessed on hovering site name / menu icon
- fixed to 100% browser window height
- mobile version via swipe?
* Style-sheets built using sass & compass
* zeptos.js used instead of jQuery when possible
* Analytics via Google Analytics or GoSquared
* Disqus comments support
* pygments code highlighting
To install pelican-red first either clone the repository or download the zip of the current version to a destination of your choice (~/pelican-red used in example):
git clone https:// ~/pelican-red
download zip url thingy
The theme can then either be used by installing the theme or just by pointing to it.
#### Option 1 - Install
Using pelican-themes (~/pelican-red is path to the theme used in previous example):
pelican-themes --install ~/pelican-red
Then change the theme in the Pelican settings file for the site you want to use pelican-red:
THEME = "pelican-red"
### Option 2 - Just Point to It
Edit your Pelican settings file for the site you want to use pelican-red (~/pelican-red is path to the theme used in previous example):
THEME = "~/pelican-red"
In addition the to general Pelican configuration variables pelican-red supports a few additional settings. All the variables are set in your Pelican settings file for the site you are using pelican-red with.
Variables are listed as `variable` : description
* `SITE_DESCR`: Description of site used for meta if you want
* `SITE_KEY`: Keywords for meta ex. `"keyword1, keyword2, keyword3"`
### Comments ( Disqus )
* `DISQUS_SN`: Disqus Shortname of site ( rangertbc )
### Analytics ( Google Analytics and GoSquared )
* `GA_CODE`: Google Analytics Code ( UA-xxxxxxxx-x )
* `GA_DOMAIN`: Google Analytics Domain for use across sub-domains of a top level domain ( rangertbc.net )
* `GA_LINKER`: Google Analytics multiple top level domains set to True if wanted ( rangertbc.net, rangertbc.com, etc )
* `GS_CODE`: GoSquared Code ( GSN-xxxxxx-x )
Per Post / Page Variables
In addition to the additional configuration variables the theme supports the following variables in posts / pages.
A live preview of the theme can be seen on my blog [rangerTBC](http://rangertbc.net).
Previews of the site main page are shown below as desktop and mobile.